Museum: Other Campus Buildings


(Selected Images, circa 1912-1969)

Summary:
This is an artificial collection of photographs of other buildings on the College’s campus (circa 1912-1969). The photographs in this collection have come from a variety of sources over a period of years.

Interpretive:
This collection show what other buildings of the College’s campus look like between 1912 and 1969 and helps to give a sense of what it would have been like to have been at the College during that time frame.

Status: Non-Circulating

Notes:
Original type and size of photographs varies. These images available online represent only a portion of the photographs of the College’s other campus buildings. Viewing access to additional images is available through the Museum. For information regarding reproductions and/or use, please see Terms of Use .

Technical Notes: None

Technical Specs:
Master images saved as uncompressed TIFF files at 600 dpi in either true color or grayscale depending on the original and/or the amount of sepia tone present – unaltered image size. Access and thumbnail images saved as JPEG files, medium to high quality, at 300 and 100 dpi respectively in either true color or grayscale depending on the original and/or the amount of sepia tone present – image size altered, 600 pixels wide or tall respectively.

Select An Image:

ABGray
Aurelia Bowman Gray Student Hospital (Infirmary)
Completed in 1939 – Demolished in 1988
EarlyPresRes
President’s House (circa mid-1880s to 1913)
Date built uncertain – Demolished in the mid-1960s
Fitz
Fitzgerald Hall
Completed in 1912 – Demolished in 1969
Hudson
Hudson Hall
Completed in 1917 – Demolished in 1969
Odell_1
Odell Memorial Building
Completed in 1922
(circa 1925)
Odell_2
Odell Memorial Building – Completed in 1922
Interior view of the lobby and dual staircases
(circa 1925)
Odell_3
Odell Memorial Building – Completed in 1922
View of the auditorium and stage
(circa 1925)
Turrentine_1
Turrentine Hall
Completed circa 1910 – Demolished in 1969
President Turrentine’s Residence from 1913-1935
(circa 1956)
Turrentine_2
Turrentine Hall
Completed circa 1910 – Demolished in 1969
President Turrentine’s Residence from 1913-1935
(circa 1910)
Y-Hut
The Y-Hut
Completed in 1940 – Incorporated into the construction of the new Student Union Building in 1963
(circa 1940s)

Additional photographs of Main Building can be seen in the College’s View Books .