Greensboro College Plates by Wedgewood
The Greensboro College Plates
Plate labeled Odell Memorial Hall
Beginning in 1951, and continuing into the 1960s, the College began offering commemorative plates featuring scenes of buildings on the campus. Originally sold for $2.50 each, the plates were produced in relatively limited numbers and have since become quite collectable.
Only four scenes were produced: Rotunda of Main Building 1904-1941, Front of Main Building since 1914, Odell Memorial Hall, and Hannah Brown Finch Memorial Chapel.
When these plates can be found for sale today, they vary in cost depending upon the scene and the date stamp on the reverse.
More information regarding the origin of the plates and images of all four plates is available via the following links.
Greensboro College Alumnae Echoes: Volume XI, No.2 – Spring Issue, 1957 (inside back cover)